Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 9- 5/31/14 A Day in the Boat on Lake George

Looking into the Water of Lake George
We woke up bright and early to eat breakfast before we went on our adventure for the day. I was really proud of myself because I was really nice to everyone. I am usually not a morning person. After breakfast we went to Bolton and went out on the lake. Before getting in the boat I realized how clear the water was. This picture is a picture I took looking into the water. you can see the bottom of the water so clearly. The boat ride was really nice. It made me want to call my dad up and convince him to take the boat out. My dad lives on Sacandaga Lake and owns his own boat so it is nice being able to go out on the boat all the time. Another plus is that his house is located right on the water so he has his own beach area and water front.


Sagamore Hotel
Out on the boat ride we were shown many different buildings and different parts of the lake. One building that really stuck out to me was the Sagamore Hotel. It is conveniently located right on the water and is huge! The architecture on the building is absolutely beautiful too. I really enjoyed seeing this building. With the location and the use of the Lake I would imagine staying in this building would be so expensive. I thought the boat ride was kind of short and really wanted to keep going around the lake. I love being out on the boat feeling the breeze off the water and being in the sun. After the boat ride we went into town and ate lunch. Its funny because the whole group went to the same restaurant and I finally was able to get some grilled cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment